Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ncube denies he will enter politics

Ncube releases statement:
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe 25 September 2007

I have received a number of enquiries over the past week, asking if I am about to enter into politics, or if I am considering standing for the Presidency of Zimbabwe.

I should like to make it clear that in the Catholic Church we have a rule against the clergy getting into party politics or taking on civil duties.

Moreover, I personally have not the slightest interest in entering into politics, and I know nothing about politics. I am a clergyman, and my passion is to work for the Church. As such I shall continue to stand up in defence of human rights which are part of the gospel of Christ.

We have had bad experiences in Zimbabwe when clergy become politicians. When they have to follow a particular party political line, their Christian values become compromised. ....

see previous link about this...Many thought his quick resigntion implied that he, like President Aristide, wished to enter politics (Clergy are forbidden by Canon law to go into politics)

No comments:

 
Free hit counters
Free hit counters