Sunday, January 15, 2006

Bulawayo on Cholera alert


BULAWAYO City Council has assured residents that it is high on alert to deal with an outbreak of the deadly cholera disease, which has so far killed several people in Harare, Chikomba areas and other parts of the country.

To date there have been no reported cases of the disease in Bulawayo. The council has promised to respond to refuse collection problems and sewer burst pipes promptly to avoid health catastrophe in the city. Speaking in an interview with the Sunday News on Wednesday, council spokesman Mr Pathisa Nyathi said the council would use the fuel it received from the National Oil Company of Zimbabwe for refuse collection and attending to burst sewer pipes.He said the council would concentrate more on collecting refuse from public places such as shopping centres and bus termini as the fuel was not enough to cover the whole of Bulawayo.

No comments:

Free hit counters
Free hit counters